Our front porch is restored to being itself, a porch, and what a grand porch it is.
We still need some paint, some stain, and additional lighting but, our porch is once again a porch and it is open for business. Come join us in celebration of the major accomplishments in restoring our historic clubhouse.
For those who have forgotten, a picture of the porch as it was.
The NW corner of our porch was enclosed in the late 1930’s or early 1940’s to provide space to rent to boarders. This space has been used as an office (junk collecting room) since the Albuquerque Press Club purchased the building in 1973. It has been a long time dream to restore this space to it’s original glory.