Life membership is open to members who fulfill the membership requirements of Subsection A, B, C, or F of this Section. A Life member shall enjoy all the rights of membership.
Spousal membership is open to the spouse, as defined by New Mexico State Law, of a member in good standing. A spousal membership shall be attached to the sponsoring members membership and shall expire concurrently with said membership. A spousal member shall enjoy all the rights of membership except for the right to vote and hold elective office.
Four (minimum) primary members (of a cohesive group) pay full Social Membership fees (Social or Social with Spouse)and are in good standing. Additional (secondary) members in the organization may join at one half of the standard (social membership) rate excepting there is no discount on the $25 spousal membership up-charge.
You may qualify for Journalist membership if your primary activity fits into one of the following groups or if you have worked for 10 years or more in one of the following groups:
- Reporter, editor, writer, publisher; editorial and news cartoonist or artist; news photographer or videographer; producer, president or general manager; librarian, web master or other editorial employee of a regularly issued news outlet that is supported by advertising , paid subscriptions, or funded by a non – profit organization.( Organization must operate with editorial independence from any political, government, commercial or special interest and must be published for the primary dissemination of the news.)
- Journalism instructors, professors and deans at the college level.
- Non-fiction authors.
You may qualify for Communicator membership if your primary activity fits into one of the following groups or if you spent 5 or more years in one of the following groups or the groups listed as Journalist.
- Non-editorial employees for qualified news outlets such as business managers, advertising managers, circulation managers, promotion managers and system operators.
- Current and retired press aides for foreign or domestic governments.
- News Source members have regular contact with the ‘working press,’ such as public relation/communications professionals.
- Authors of books or plays, editors of books or film, poets, television or film script writers, book publishers, and those who work in the film and television industry.
- Blogger or other internet media publisher
- Student members who are enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate journalism programs; or work on campus publications, broadcast outlets or news internet sites; or who otherwise intern or work part-time for qualified news outlets.
- Writers, editors, publishers of company or industry newsletters who spend 40 or more hours monthly in these endeavors.
Social membership is open to persons who live or work in New Mexico, and have common interests with the Club’s members and purposes.
Honorary membership may be awarded to any person the Board may wish to honor with membership, subject to annual review by each incoming Board.
Retired membership is open to any Journalist, Communicator, or Social member who has retired from his or her employment or occupation. One year of Club membership in the Journalist, Communicator, or Social category is required before a member may apply for status as a Retired Member.
Out-of-town professional membership is open to persons who fulfill the membership requirements of Subsection A (Journalist) of this Section and whose place of business is not within the standard statistical metropolitan area of Albuquerque.
The Board shall by vote be the sole and final authority with regard to the membership classification to which an applicant or Club member is entitled. Any member who ceases to be eligible for a given classification may be transferred to the appropriate classification at such time as the Board deems.
New members must be sponsored by an existing member. If you wish to join, discuss membership with a club member or the bartender on duty.
It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to set all membership fees and limits. The current amounts (established December 2015) are:
- Membership initiation fee $20.00
- Annual Membership dues
- Journalist Member $30.00
- Communicator Member $40.00
- Social Member $90.00
- Out of Town Professional Member $60.00
- Retired Member $45.00
- Spouse Member (attached to any of the above memberships) $25.00
- Corporate Member see discount schedule below.
- Lifetime Membership fee $1,500.00 (10X Social membership) available to existing members only
- Honorary Membership $5.00
- Late Renewal Fee $20.00
- Reinstatement Fee $20.00
Corporate membership pricing:
Base charge equals four times the regular rate for which the entity qualifies (classifications a-c) which includes 4 memberships. Additional members of the organization may join at one half of the standard rate.
The additional members may join for a full year at any time while the corporate membership is active.
If/when the corporate membership expires, individual members may not renew as a corporate member (at corporate rates) but may renew as a regular member at the regular rate.
Each corporate member enjoys the full privileges of membership including a vote.
All prospective members are subject to normal approval procedures.